Welcome to Fremer Group
Over 25 Years of helping healthcare operations propel
Fremer Group offers innovative and individualized solutions to improve and optimize healthcare operations for organizations and physicians.
With more than 25 years of healthcare experience, Fremer Group is more than a consulting agency; we are your partner and change agent, helping to achieve results that will propel your organization to success.
Fremer Group is an extension of your team, working side-by-side with your staff to implement solutions for your arduous business challenges. Our extensive healthcare experience helps us relate to the problems facing your organization and enables us to effectively work with your leadership team and staff to drive change.
If your organization or practice provides a product or service for healthcare clients or patients and you would like to improve your organization’s efficiencies, Fremer Group can provide the analysis, implementation and results you need. Request your assessment today!
About Sharon L. Fremer
Sharon is a dynamic healthcare leader who has a proven track record of driving operational and financial results through execution of initiatives that are aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, strategic and financial goals.
Experience and Demonstrated Results in:
- Healthcare Businesses – Operational and Financial Turnarounds
- Assimilation of Acquisitions – Healthcare Practices and Businesses
- Re-alignment of Operations and Resource Talent for Growth
- Large scale technology and operational best practice – project planning and implementation
Deep and broad experience in all aspects Revenue Cycle and Business Operations:
- Successfully managed all aspects of Revenue Cycle at both hands-on direct management, through VP level leadership, meeting or achieving financial, employee retention, and customer satisfaction goals:
- New Patient Coordination/ Patient Registration (New Image Orthodontics, Emory Vision)
- Transcription services, domestic and international (Precyse)
- Medical coding (RevenueMed, Medaphis)
- Medical documentation department (Cardinal Health)
- Call center (Emory Vision, Cardinal Health)
- Billing and collections, teams of 50+ employees (Medaphis, Cardinal Health)
- Led corporate standardization initiative to define operations process and procedures, and implement new technology and Operational Best Practices in billing, coding, and collections functions across 200 locations, company investment was over $50M company-wide (Medaphis, now McKesson)
Excellent Practice Management skills driving results through people, physician goal alignment, service excellence, and best practices
- Led turnaround effort to align physician owners of high-end LASIK practice on a strategy for right-sizing practice spending and operations to prepare for low-cost provider entry into the market. Implemented wide-scale changes to staff, scheduling, pricing, and referral network strategy (Emory Vision)
- Created and drove best practices for national orthodontic roll company, a startup funded by Goldman Sachs. Created and implemented an approach to standardize front desk procedures, new patient acquisition, patient retention, human resource procedures, and new practice assimilation process (New Image Orthodontics)
Demonstrated excellence in the attraction, development, and leadership of the right team to achieve results:
- Developed and led the implementation of a complete re-organization of staff and management, through replacement or re-assignment of managers and supervisors to develop a deeper and broader team to lead and manage in a high growth industry (Precyse)
- Recognized by senior leadership and peers for the ability to assess staff and management skills, align them with business needs, and lead high performing, dedicated, satisfied teams, that understand and manage to goals and metrics, while operating within the mission and vision of the organization
Proven track record in developing and maintaining strong, effective relationships:
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with physician and other healthcare providers as clients, referral sources, or as key partners in the business (Medaphis, New Image Orthodontics, Emory Vision, Precyse, Cardinal Health)
- Worked with documentation, compliance, and reimbursement subject matter experts to develop feedback tools, documentation guidelines, education, and quality assurance processes for providers to improve medical documentation to align with regulatory and reimbursement requirements (Medaphis, Cardinal Health)
- Managed many client relationships from the sales cycle through client service, developing effective project management, communication, escalation, and documentation procedures across departments to ensure client satisfaction (Medaphis, Precyse, Cardinal Health)